Rosa Maríaa Barreiro
Rosa María Barreiro is an innovative leader, business strategist and change agent with an extensive background and success in global operating environments throughout Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Currently she provides consulting services for D.C and Latin America-based organizations interested in acquiring strengths in strategic HR, leadership training and employee engagement.
Rosa María has been recruited to design and execute change management, employee engagement, leadership development and performance improvement initiatives for a variety of organizations and companies. She has held senior positions including Vice-President of Human Resources in Alstom HQ, Director of Human Resources at Alstom Transport, Principal and Owner of Dinámica Empresarial Consultores (DECSA), Director of HR at the Organization of American States (OAS), and Senior HR Consultant at the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB).
Rosa María recently finished a Master’s in Liberal Arts at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. She also has a solid academic background in business strategy, HR and communications. She has an Executive MBA from the University of Austin and Tecnologico de Monterrey, as well as multiple certificates in leadership and related fields from the Wharton School’s Aresty Institute of Executive Education at the University of Pennsylvania.
Among Rose María’s special interests are leadership and other social impact projects for women, programs for young entrepreneurs, and career development for high potential young professionals. She is active with non-profit initiatives, and her recent activities include programs on the empowerment of young women through Vital Voices.
Education & Certifications
- Georgetown University- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Washington, DC 2015
- Wharton Business School, Aresty Institute- Executive certificates in Strategic - Human Resources, Management/Leadership and Communications. Pennsylvania, 2006-2011
- Sorbonne University- Courses on Art and Civilization (Humanities) 2005
- UTEXAS-Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey- Executive Business Administration Masters (Double MBA) Mexico-Austin TX. 1999
- IPADE- Advanced Management Program, Mexico, DF, 1992-1994
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Bachelor in Business Administration, Mexico 1983.
- Harvard University courses on Strategic Planning and Organizational Behavior, Boston 1982-1983